Dennis F8, 1950S, PBP 137.
Dennis F8, 1953, PBP 137,
This classic fire engine was one of more than 250 F8s built by Dennis at their Guildford factory between 1952 and 1960.
This one, chassis number 3767, was the second of six supplied to the West Sussex Fire Brigade and was delivered in September 1953. It is equipped with a Dennis No 2 500gpm pump, has a 200-gallon water tank and a 35ft wooden Bayley double-extension ladder.
For all its 20-year fire service career, it was stationed at Bognor Regis before being saved for preservation by a firefighter from East Preston who subsequently sold it to David Maggs in Dorset.
In 1981 it was purchased by Pete Baldwin, a retained firefighter at Bosham, and he rallied it extensively for more than 25 years.
The appliance became part of the Wessex Fire and Rescue Heritage Collection in 2019 and was on loan to the National Emergency Services Museum in Sheffield.
In September 2019, it formed part of the Museum's display stand at the two-day Emergency Services Show at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham.